Training you for exciting career opportunities in the Transport Industry.
Types of Licences available:
- Light Rigid (LR) heavy vehicle class. This licence is for a motor vehicle with a gross vehicle mass (GVM) greater than 4.5 tonnes but not greater than 8 tonnes, or that seats more than 12 Adults (including the driver)
- Medium Rigid (MR) heavy vehicle class. This licence is for a motor vehicle that has 2 axles and a GVM greater than 8 tonnes
- Heavy Rigid (HR) heavy vehicle class. This licence is for a motor vehicle that has 3 or more axles and a GVM greater than 8 tonnes. You must have held your Class C licence for at least 2 years or a LR or MR for one year.
- Heavy Combination (HC) heavy vehicle class. This licence is for a Prime Mover to which is attached a single semi-trailer plus any unladen convertor dolly, or rigid motor vehicle attached to a trailer that has a GVM greater than 9 tonnes plus any unladen converter dolly. You must have held your Class C for 3 years and either a MR or HR for one year before attaining this licence.
- Multi Combination (MC) heavy vehicle class. This licence is for any heavy combination unit towing one or more trailers, each having a gross vehicle mass greater than 9 tonnes. This licence also covers ROAD TRAINS. You must have held your HC for one year and get a Medical from your doctor to upgrade to this licence.
KSB is a leading training Provider on the Mid North Coast.
- Modern training Facilities
- We have the ability to train in all classes of vehicles
- Focus is on cost effective training
- RMS accredited assessor
- No RTA test required
- Patient and understanding
- 42 Years of Experience
How It Works
What we provide
- Modern Training Facilities, including tea and coffee facilities and eftpos
- Modern Trucks to facilitate your training needs
- Hands on training from people with 42 years of experience in the industry
- We take you through a range of practical competency based skills
- One on one training, until you are competent for your practical assessment (Drive Test)
- Practical assessment takes place on the same day in the afternoon.
- If completed successfully you are given a competency based certificate.
What You Need To Do
- All students must pass a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Go to the Service NSW (Old RMS) and complete licence application
- Pass and pay for the driver Knowledge test for your licence type.
- You are required to purchase two books;
- A Guide to Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment and
- Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment Learner Log Book
- You will also need to obtain a medical form from Service NSW and completed by your doctor.(This is for MC only)
- Driving Tips for a Roadranger Gearbox
We currently have a Smart and Skilled contract with Training Services NSW. This means that if you meet the eligibility criteria, we can give you subsidised training.To find out more download our student information handbook or contact one of our team members.
All training and assessment is competency based.
We offer day courses but this does not guarantee that you will obtain your licence on the day.