Elevated Work Platform
• Advanced Boom (AB)
TLILIC0005 – LICENCE TO OPERATE A ELEVATING WORK PLATFORM (boom length more than 11 metres)
This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a boom type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more) for licensing purposes, and involves the operation of a telescoping device, hinged device or articulated device or any combination of these used to support a platform for which personnel, equipment and materials may be elevated to perform work. The 11 metre boom length shall be taken to mean the greater of the following:
a) The vertical distance form the floor of the platform to the surface supporting the elevating work platform with the platform at its maximum height; or
b) The normal reach, measured horizontally from the centre point of rotation to the outer edge of the platform in its most extended position.
- Workplace Health & Safety Legislation & Operating Procedures
- Hazard Identification, Assess Risks & Control Measures
- Plan Work
- Overhead Hazards
- Pre-start Operational Checks
- Damage and Defect Reporting
- Communication Methods
- Data Plate Specifications
- Operate EWP using all controls from ground level
- Operate EWP using all basket controls
- Mobile EWP using best practice
- Unplanned and or Unsafe 3 Situations
- Use of Emergency Procedures
- Use of Emergency Decent Device explained
- Post-Operational Checks
- Shutdown and Secure EWP
Must be minimum of 18 years of age.
What You Need To Know
- You Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- You will be required to conduct mathematical calculations throughout this course
- All students must pass a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- You must supply 100 points of identification, including (1) form of current photo identification and proof of NSW address (See page 3 for further details)
- Wear comfortable and practical clothing and enclosed footwear
- Tea and Coffee and lunch is provided (if conducted at our facilities), local shops are nearby
- A passport photo is required when you lodge your HRW Licence application with Australia Post
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training.
We currently have a Smart and Skilled contract with Training Services NSW. This means that if you meet the eligibility criteria, we can give you subsidised training.To find out more download our student information handbook or contact one of our team members.
Three (3) assessments will be conducted over the duration of the course – (formative assessment) Knowledge, Calculations and Practical Assessments. On the last day of the course a summative assessment will be conducted by an approved State regulatory body assessor (e.g. Safe Work NSW) All critical components must be demonstrated and answered correctly.
Applicants deemed not yet competent will be provided the opportunity to undergo further training. Applicants cannot be reassessed for a minimum of 48 hours from the date of the original assessment. Note: There is no extra charge for this extra training or reassessment.
Licences and Certification
This application is to be lodged at Australia Post which incurs and additional cost of $75.00 and payable to Australia Post.
Cancellations and Withdrawals
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment more than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid.
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (25%) by KSB is required to cover the costs of administration and resources which will have already been committed based on the students initial intention to undertake the training.
- Students who cancel their enrolment within 1 full business day prior program commencement OR after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
- If KSB cancels the training course, and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.