CPCCLDG3001A License to Perform Dogging
This unit specifies the outcomes required for slinging techniques and the selection and inspection of lifting gear as well as directing the crane/operator in the safe movement of loads for licensing purposes.
This unit is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work and provides applicants with the knowledge and skills required to obtain a High Risk Licence to Perform Dogging duties.
- Workplace Health & Safety Legislation & Operating Procedures
- Hazard Identification, Assess Risks & Control Measures
- Plan Work
- Overhead Hazards
- Damage & Defect Reporting
- Communication Methods
- Whistle and hand signals
- Select and inspect lifting equipment
- Determining Load Weight & SWL
- Attach and secure load
- Shift Load including directing, manoeuvring Load to different locations
- Unplanned and or Unsafe Situations
- Inspect and separate defective equipment
- Reporting procedures
- Shutdown & Secure site
Must be minimum of 18 years of age.
What You Need To Know
- You Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- You will be required to conduct mathematical calculations throughout this course
- All students must pass a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- You must supply 100 points of identification, including (1) form of current photo identification and proof of NSW address
- Wear comfortable and practical clothing and enclosed footwear
- Tea and Coffee & Lunch is provided (If course is held at our facility)
- A passport photo is required when you lodge your HRW Licence application with Australia Post
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training
We currently have a Smart and Skilled contract with Training Services NSW. This means that if you meet the eligibility criteria, we can give you subsidised training.To find out more download our student information handbook or contact one of our team members.
Applicants deemed not yet competent will be provided the opportunity to undergo further training. Applicants cannot be reassessed for a minimum of 48 hours from the date of the original assessment. Note: There is no extra cost for this extra training or reassessment.
Licences and Certification
This application is to be lodged at Australia Post which incurs and additional cost of $75.00 and payable to Australia Post.
Cancellations and Withdrawals
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment more than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid.
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (25%) by KSB is required to cover the costs of administration and resources which will have already been committed based on the students initial intention to undertake the training.
- Students who cancel their enrolment within 1 full business day prior program commencement OR after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
- If KSB cancels the training course, and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.