Working at Height Training
RIIWHS204D – Work Safely at Heights
This unit covers working safely at heights in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes: identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task; accessing and installing equipment; performing work at heights; and cleaning up the work area.
This unit specifies the competency required to undertake safe working practices when working at heights or depths.
- access, interpret and apply technical and safety information for working at heights
- assess hazards and risk associated with working at heights and implement control methods
- select wear and care for personal protective equipment identify required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- check that fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment is correct
- perform work safely at heights
- correct storage an checking of equipment
- clean up site on completion of work
1 day – 8.30am to 3.30pm
What You Need To Know
- Prior to enrolling in this course you will need to obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) please visit www.usi.gov.au and ensure you have at least one form of identification
- All students must pass a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- You must supply a form of identification that includes your name, photo and signature
- Wear comfortable and practical clothing and enclosed footwear
- Tea and Coffee and Lunch is provided (if conducted at our facilities), local shops are nearby
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training
We currently have a Smart and Skilled contract with Training Services NSW. This means that if you meet the eligibility criteria, we can give you subsidised training.To find out more download our student information handbook or contact one of our team members.
Theory and practical demonstrations.
Licences and Certification
A wallet size competency card will also be issued.
Cancellations and Withdrawals
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment more than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid.
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (25%) by KSB is required to cover the costs of administration and resources which will have already been committed based on the students initial intention to undertake the training.
- Students who cancel their enrolment within 1 full business day prior program commencement OR after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
- If KSB cancels the training course, and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.