General Construction Induction Card (White Card)
CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
This unit specifies the outcomes required to undertake Work Health and Safety (WHS) induction training within the construction industry.
This unit of competency supports the attainment of the basic WHS knowledge required prior to undertaking designated work tasks within any of the sectors within the construction industry
7 nominal hours 8.30am – 3.30pm
What You Need To Know
- Prior to enrolling in this course you will need to obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) please visit www.usi.gov.au and ensure you have at least one form of identification
- You Must be a minimum of 14 years of age
- All students must pass a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- You must supply 100 points of identification, including (1) form of current photo identification
- Wear comfortable and practical clothing and enclosed footwear
- Tea and Coffee and Lunch is provided (if conducted at our facilities), local shops are nearby
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training
We currently have a Smart and Skilled contract with Training Services NSW. This means that if you meet the eligibility criteria, we can give you subsidised training.To find out more download our student information handbook or contact one of our team members.
Participants will be facilitated in a number of ways including both practical and theory activities and a knowledge written/verbal assessment. Face to face training will be under the guidance of one of our qualified and experienced trainers who hold the relevant and up to date WHS qualifications and vocational education experience.
Licences and CertificationThis course is a Nationally Recognised Training and applicants’ deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment for CPCCWHS1001 and a “Statement of Training”, this is used an interim copy of your competency in construction induction.
A wallet sized construction induction card will be issued by Safe Work NSW within 30 days.
Withdrawal or CancellationsIn the event of cancellation or withdrawal:
• Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment more than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid.
• Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (25%) by KSB is required to cover the costs of administration and resources which will have already been committed based on the students initial intention to undertake the training.
• Students who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
If KSB cancels the training course, and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.