Working at Height Training
RIIWHS204D – Work Safely at Heights
This unit covers working safely at heights in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes: identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task; accessing and installing equipment; performing work at heights; and cleaning up the work area.
This unit specifies the competency required to undertake safe working practices when working at heights or depths.
- access, interpret and apply technical and safety information for working at heights
- assess hazards and risk associated with working at heights and implement control methods
- select wear and care for personal protective equipment identify required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- check that fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment is correct
- perform work safely at heights
- correct storage an checking of equipment
- clean up site on completion of work
1 day – 8.30am to 3.30pm
What You Need To Know
- Prior to enrolling in this course you will need to obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) please visit www.usi.gov.au and ensure you have at least one form of identification
- You must understand and speak the English language at a level that enables the safe performance and understanding of Legislation and obligations.
- You must supply a form of identification that includes your name, photo and signature
- Wear comfortable and practical clothing and enclosed footwear
- Tea and Coffee and Lunch is provided (if conducted at our facilities), local shops are nearby
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training
Theory and practical demonstrations.
Licences and Certification
A wallet size competency card will also be issued.
Cancellations and Withdrawals
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment more than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid.
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (25%) by KSB is required to cover the costs of administration and resources which will have already been committed based on the students initial intention to undertake the training.
- Students who cancel their enrolment within 1 full business day prior program commencement OR after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
- If KSB cancels the training course, and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.